Terms & Conditions
Get A Free Quote
Call Us Now On 1300-554-516
- In these conditions “We” means “Oz Furniture Removals”, ABN- 31 991 521 235 and “US” and “OUR” have corresponding meanings;
- “You” means the party entering into the agreement for Services with Us, and includes the party to whom our quotation is addressed and the party by whom the acceptance is signed, and “Your” has corresponding meaning;
- “Goods” means all furniture and other items, which are to be the subject of the Services;
- “Services” means the whole of the work to be undertaken by Us in connection with the Goods including removal (if applicable) storage;
- “Subcontractor” means any person other than one of our associates who, under any agreement or arrangement with Us (whether directly or indirectly) performs or agrees to perform the whole or any part of the Services;
WE ARE NOT COMMON CARRIERS AND ACCEPT NO LIABILITY AS SUCH.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Information supplied by you: We rely upon information supplied by you. You warrant that the information that you have provided us is correct.
- Owner or Authorized Agent: You warrant that you are the owner of the goods or authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- Dangerous Goods: You guarantee that the Goods do not include any firearms or may become dangerous.
- Fragile and Valuable Items: You must advise us of any fragile Goods or Goods require special treatment and must give us a written notice of any item having a value in excess of $300, prior to the commencement of the move.
- Presence at Loading/Unloading: Either You or an appointed adult representative must be present all the times during the entirety of the loading and unloading of the move. As sometimes we don’t take an itemized inventory during the move, we will act on your instructions at each location. It is your responsibility to ensure nothing extra is taken, or left behind by mista
- Confirmation of Booking: Your booking is not confirmed until booking amount is deposited 48 hours prior to moving day.
- Meals and Rest Break: We are entitled to have a paid 10 Minute break after 2 hour of work and paid 30 minute break where the total duration of a move exceeds 5 hours.
- Parking: We will park anywhere safe you ask us to do, except clearway. Any Parking-Fees we pay or Fines we receive during your move will be added to your bill. It is always better to arrange parking permit where required.
- If you provide assistance during the removal: We will not be liable for any injury sustained either on your property or on ours (Including on or in any part of the truck or equipment) by you or any person assisting on your behalf whether we are at fault or not. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured under these circumstances.
- Arranging Forklift: For Heavy Commercial and Industrial Machines or Equipment’s, sometimes we require forklifts to move. It is customer’s responsibility to book a forklift.
- Arrange a Specialist: Our crew will not be insured and trained to remove Doors or Windows, property fitments or fittings, disconnecting or reconnecting any equipment or appliances etc. and will be forced to leave the items unless you arrange something else. It is customer’s responsibility to organize a qualified specialist if needed.
- To inform us about the awkward access: Awkward access can include: – narrow stair flights, no parking available, long walking distance from parked truck, incorrect addresses etc. We reserve the right to add extra costs due to unforeseen circumstances. It is customer’s responsibility to ensure that items will fit in the new premises (e.g.: Size of Sofa or Big Fridge).
MODE OF CARRIAGE AND DELAY
We are entitled to transport the Goods by any reasonable route.
- Delay: Delays due to traffic conditions, road repairs, selections of route and vehicle breakdown are inherent in the furniture removal industry. We will not be liable for any loss or damage or consequential loss as a result of our being delayed for any reason other than factors within our control. We will take every possible step to try that our crew arrive on pick-up/ drop-off address on time and keep you informed about the delay, but we take no responsibility.
If We can’t deliver the Goods for any other reason beyond our control; We will be entitled to unload the Goods into a warehouse or back to our base. You will then be responsible for any re-delivery charges. If this happens, we will do our best to contact you to resolve the issue.
We may use a Subcontractor or Subcontractors to undertake the whole or any part of the removal Services. If we do so, we will continue to be responsible to you for the performance of the Services.
- Liability of Subcontractors and Employees: Any provisions in these conditions, which limit our liability, also apply on our Subcontractors and their associates. For the purpose of this sub-clause, we are deemed to be acting as agent or trustee on behalf of each of the persons referred to, and each of them shall to that extent be deemed to be parties to this agreement.
- No job too small – Only ½ hour minimum! We don’t have any minimum hours you can hires us only for Half-hour minimum. We charge one time Call-out fee of (½ Hour) to cover other costs involved.
- After the 30min. The Second Half Hour Starts (31mins to 60mins), and so on respectively. Your move is charged based on the (Call-out fee) + (total ½ hours) + (Any additional costs such as Travel Time), Please Note: – For Large Trucks we charge minimum of 2 hours + any additional costs.
- We don’t charge extra upto 20 kms from Melbourne CBD Area (Travel time or fuel costs will be charged if its more than above mentioned distance)
- All jobs are prepaid after 5:00 pm.
- Additional 30% charges apply for late hours work after 5:00 pm.
- Stair Charges- One Flight Of Stairs: – upto 10 Steps free.
- Toll Charges- There will be extra charge for toll roads (City-link / Monash-link / East-link) and customers will be charged accordingly.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
- Cancellation 7 days before Job: No cancellation fees unless we have spent any money on preparing for your job.
- Cancellation less than 7 days: No cancellation fees unless we have spent any money on preparing for your job.
- Changes within 48 Hrs.: We will charge Call-Out fee plus Half Hour Booked price.
NOTE: Any Cancellations or Changes must be notified in writing.
- Collection of job payment: We collect payments before finishing the job. Your goods may not be released until the payment is fully cleared.
- Work time: Our “Working Time” does not finish until our Trucks are packed back to original condition and the driver has been paid in full.
- Payment Method: We take Cash, Visa, MasterCard or American Express at the job completion. (2.2% Surcharge for all Card payments)
- Overdue payments: In case of non-payments, Debt-Collection procedures will be followed. The Customer will be liable to pay all Additional Amounts Charged by the Debt Collection Agency.
- Lien On Goods Until Payment Is Received: All goods being moved or stored shall be subject to a general lien for any outstanding money owed by you. Should circumstances arise that make it reasonable to conclude that you are unwilling or unable to pay any due charges in the required form or at the required place or time, We reserve the right to retain or refuse delivery of any Goods. Where payment is not received within 28 days, we reserve the right to dispose of the Goods in lieu of payment.
- Disputes In case of dispute, we reserve the right to ask for advance payment before proceeding with the job.
DAMAGE AND GUARANTEE
We guarantee for all work we perform. This means as long as we are told about any damage at the end of the move then we will discuss with you the options of: –
- Repairing the damage to as close as possible to its original condition or
- Replacement if a repair cannot be performed or,
- Compensation instead of repair or replacement upto the pre-damage value of the item.
We will cover any physical damage caused by dropping, mis-handling or inadequately securing of item by us, except in the following circumstances:-
- Damage to Goods – Packaging: If the Goods sustain damage due to defective or inadequate packing or unpacking, which was not undertaken by us or our sub-contractors, we will not be liable.
- Damage to Goods- Inherent Risk: All glass items, which includes Picture Glass and Tabletops. Stones, including Marble and Granite or similar items such as Plants and Pots. We will take these items only if they can be safely moved, however we do not cover these items under our guarantee due to their inherent fragility.
- Wear and Tear of Certain Goods: Scratches on white goods including but not limit to Electronics, Fridge, Washing Machine or Dryer while moving, T.V without Box, Computer Equipment’s, Photocopiers, Scientific instruments, Musical Instruments not in hard cases are inherently susceptible to suffer damage or disorder while being moved. No matter how carefully they are handled. We will not be liable if they are not in their original packaging or appropriate box suitable for transport.
- Furniture Designed to be Flat-Packed: Furniture made of press wood and designed to be flat packed such as IKEA, Fantastic furniture or similar. These items are inherently susceptible to suffer damage or disorder. We are not liable if those items are not flat-packed.
- Dismantling and Re-assembly: Part of removal services may require dismantling of goods and re-assembling. At your request we may do so but accept no responsibility for any damage or any loss resulting.
- Large and Heavy Items: We don’t move large and heavy items such as Pool Tables, Piano or big heavy fridge from Stairs/Steps. If you request us to do so we might refuse or if we do so then we are not liable for any damage.
- Moving Goods under your instructions: If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your instructions, against our advice, we shall not be liable. You are welcome to assist us while moving, but we take no responsibility and no guarantee or insurance applies.
- Bad Weather: We reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel any work where adverse weather Conditions apply. We will not be responsible for any damage to goods if you still wish to continue.
COMPENSATION AND REPAIRS
We use reputable repairers. If your goods are damaged and taken for repair, we will repair them as close to their original condition as possible. We will not compensate for any consequential loss or loss of value. Where a replacement or compensation is offered, this is not a “new for old” service. The valuation will take account the age, depreciation and wear and tear of the item. If there is a dispute regarding a valuation of an item then an independent Licensed Auctioneer will assess it. The party whose value differs most to that of the valuer shall pay the cost of valuer.
NOTE: Max compensation from our side will be upto $300. If you think your belongings are more valuable then please arrange an insurance cover for your move because we only supply Public Liability and Transit Insurance. (Please check Insurance page for details)
- Must report any damage before completion: It is customer’s responsibility to report any and all damage to the driver before they leave the delivery point, otherwise there is no way to verify the claim that the damage in dispute was caused by Melbourne CBD Removals. You must examine all the Goods on delivery and note any items (including walls, floors, driveway, fittings etc.), which may be subject to a claim. Any damage, which you considered to have been caused by us, must be listed on the front of Job-Sheet document. No claims will be accepted for any damage discovered after we have left the move.
FURTHER CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
- We reserve the right to suspend work or vacate a property due to any issue endangering the health and safety of our associates
- We reserve the right to refuse to transport any item where the weight of the item exceeds our safe lifting limit. (1 Man=20 Kg and 2 Men=40kg).
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time subject to written notice being given to you prior to the move.
The law, which governs this agreement, will be the law of the State of Victoria.
Oz Furniture Removals is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons:
- Firstly, to process your order,
- Secondly, provide you the best possible service.
- Every time we are collecting your personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us or for other compatible purposes, until or unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
Sensitive Information & Financial Details
- Financial details most commonly include credit card, Master Card, Debit Master Card, Bank Details or other means of electronic funds transfer. All financial data is collected and stored on a secure server.
- Sensitive and financial data is collected for the primary purpose of providing our products and services to our customers.
Security of Information
- Information stored by us is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorized access or disclosure in line with internal company policy and procedure.
- We will protect personal information stored by us by reasonable security safeguards against misuse, loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification in line with internal policies and procedures of our company.
- Information that is no longer required for the intended purpose will be routinely destroyed on a periodic basis as determined by company management.
Access to Information
You have the right to access, update or remove personal information from our database. If you wish to access information, opt-out of further communication or lodge a complaint please do so in writing or e-mail us.